"If you study to remember, you will forget; if you study to understand, you will remember."
We envision ourselves to be known for providing a high standard of quality education placing equal emphasis on all aspects of human development. Our goal is to develop global citizens who are creative, enquirers, thinkers, open-minded, knowledgeable, communicators, risk-takers, principled, caring, balanced, reflective, responsible, resilient and decisive, living and promoting in others a positive outlook in life.
We, the SSM community, dedicate ourselves to achieve our vision by:
- Striving for academic excellence using modern teaching strategies, disposing of the pressures and trauma associated with conventional teaching methods.
- Training our students to do higher thinking in all subjects, preparing them for a rapidly-changing world.
- Developing the value of positivism through our educational system enabling our students to love learning and to cope well with the challenges of life
- Encouraging environmental and social awareness, thus empowering our students to take an active role as agents of positive change in the world.
THE SINGAPORE SCHOOLS EXPERIENCES
Singapore curriculum for Preschool, Primary and Lower Secondary levels; Cambridge IGCSE for higher secondary and the Cambridge AS/A Levels and the IB Diploma Programme for Pre University
Young, energetic and highly trained faculty
Various nationalities represented at Singapore Schools Philippines Community
Small student-teacher ratio to maintain quality student-teacher classroom time
- For Preschool – maximum of 12 students to 2 teachers
- For higher levels – maximum of 24 students per class
School curriculum includes after school activities such as Music, Performing Arts, Debate, Sports , etc.
In addition to the school’s academic programme, children are offered closely supervised “special time” allotted to finish school work and other areas of study that need more attention.
Adherence to NO HOMEWORK POLICY (up to Secondary 2) to encourage quality family time outside the school; homework is given to IGCSE, Cambridge International AS/A and IB Diploma Program students to prepare them for university level.
Clean, child-safe facilities; equipped with security cameras for added security within the school grounds.
Uniforms are required from Mondays to Thursdays; casual wear on Fridays.